Once upon a time, I explained that my fear holds me back from accomplishing things; however, there’s another dangerous gremlin that takes hold of me now and then.
You see, I’m in this strange mood where I want to accomplish a million different things, but I can’t do it all at once. Therefore, I don’t do anything at all.
For example, I went to the zoo the other day, and now I want to be a zookeeper. I also want to take my cat in for a weight check, which makes me want to be a vet tech. (I went to school originally for veterinarian which is the reason I am opting for tech instead of complete veterinarian here)
I also want to:
- learn to code so I can design and create websites.
- learn to create glorious works of art (or at least paint for fun because why not?).
- write about 8 different novels including a possible middle grade series
- create a web comic or some sort of graphics with every post
- take up drawing
- learn to swim (though I’ve gotten better in just the past week!)
- learn to play piano
- improve my Spanish
- become an elementary teacher
- teach English as a second language
- learn to teach reading to struggling high school kids
- publish a book
- organize everything I own
- downsize – because I have too many things
- find a job
- hopefully make sure that job is something I love
I could go on, but I think I’ll stop there before I give myself a headache. I don’t know where to start with any of that or how to choose which item I attempt first. My head is just a glorious train wreck right now with IDEAS and LET’s DO THIS! and AH! WHAT AM I DOING?!
It’s kind of entertaining. In a scary sort of way.
Prioritizing has never been my strong point. This feeling will pass, I know that from experience. Usually I just wait it out because I’m held hostage by that gremlin, but I often wonder what I could accomplish if I could only figure out where to start.
What do you do when you want to do too many things at once or have too many ideas on hand? Does it stop you in your tracks too?
How do you figure out how to prioritize what you want to do, especially if it is a list of things you’ve never done/experienced?
I’d love to hear your thoughts!